Mark 5:24-34 NIV … A large crowd followed and pressed around him.  And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.  She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse.  When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak,  because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.”  Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.  At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”  “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ”  But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it.  Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth.  He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” …
SINS TO AVOID:
- Finding solutions to our problems outside of Jesus.
- Following Jesus from a distance – halfhearted obedience and allegiance to Jesus Christ ( I go to church because of my parents, girlfriend/boyfriend,friend, or boss.)
- Thinking that we know all things based on our experience. Sometimes we override God’s will because of our so called “knowledge.” Watchout if you are highly educated or holds a very high position. Observe how the disciples questioned the Lord in v30.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- Touching anything that belongs to Jesus Christ gives healing. The woman claimed by faith that if she could only touched Jesus cloak, she will be healed. How do you keep in touch with the Lord today? Do you claim anything you claim by faith in doing so?
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Desire to overcome anything that hinders you from getting in touched with Jesus Christ. The woman pushed thru the crowd, note that v24 describes a large crowd was pressing around Jesus.
- Testify to others when God do good to your life and give God back all the glory. In v32 the woman comes forward and acknowledged that Jesus healed her, without her courage to come out we wouldn’t have known this wonderful story.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Be grateful for what God did and is doing in your life.
- Find peace and be free from of slavery.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
- The Lord loves to acknowledge His real follower.
The healing power of God is unlimited but only those with enough faith and comes forward to Jesus receives healing.
Today, I claim healing for my body in Jesus’ name! I claim that my blood chemistry will all be normal – cholesterol & uric acid in normal level. I claim that I will achieve my ideal weight and will be stronger. I claim that the Lord Jesus Christ will give me focus & wisdom, and I claim that He will remove all my stress. I decided to live a helthy lifestyle and I claim that the Lord will sustain it. I claim that I can have a baby soon! All these I claim in Jesus’ name. Amen!