Proverbs 16:7 NIV
When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them.
I am lucky to be a follower of Jesus because the FAVOR of the Lord is on me. When I read the Bible ad meditate on it, I can see the advantages of being a believer. For instance, in Proverbs 16:7 I can claim that the Lord will cause everyone to have peace with me. Of course there is a premise that God should takes pleasure on me first. But as a Christian, it is my desire to know the Lord more and more everyday. I am not perfect yet, but my God always show mercy on me.
This verse remind me to always seek God first and all his righteousness. To always prioritize God above all things because if you are with God, then who can be against you? As the Apostle Paul encourages the believers to finish the race – with a good fight.
There is always a fight between my old nature and my new self that was already redeemed by God. There is always a fight between the world’s desire and what God wants. And do note that Satan and his demons are actively attacking believers so that they will waver in their faith. Everyday is indeed a struggle but I know that my God is all-powerful that I can be victorious with God’s help. I need to take control of myself and be a victor on my own life – and with my God’s help I am able do it most of the time. Once the Lord Jesus Christ takes control of my life and desires, everything around me settled as God designed it to be. Once Jesus moves in my life, then I can be an effective ambassador of the Kingdom of God in this world. And the favor of God will always be on me and my family. Amen.
Mark 5:24-34 NIV … A large crowd followed and pressed around him.  And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.  She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse.  When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak,  because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.”  Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.  At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”  “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ”  But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it.  Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth.  He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” …
SINS TO AVOID:
- Finding solutions to our problems outside of Jesus.
- Following Jesus from a distance – halfhearted obedience and allegiance to Jesus Christ ( I go to church because of my parents, girlfriend/boyfriend,friend, or boss.)
- Thinking that we know all things based on our experience. Sometimes we override God’s will because of our so called “knowledge.” Watchout if you are highly educated or holds a very high position. Observe how the disciples questioned the Lord in v30.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- Touching anything that belongs to Jesus Christ gives healing. The woman claimed by faith that if she could only touched Jesus cloak, she will be healed. How do you keep in touch with the Lord today? Do you claim anything you claim by faith in doing so?
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Desire to overcome anything that hinders you from getting in touched with Jesus Christ. The woman pushed thru the crowd, note that v24 describes a large crowd was pressing around Jesus.
- Testify to others when God do good to your life and give God back all the glory. In v32 the woman comes forward and acknowledged that Jesus healed her, without her courage to come out we wouldn’t have known this wonderful story.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Be grateful for what God did and is doing in your life.
- Find peace and be free from of slavery.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
- The Lord loves to acknowledge His real follower.
The healing power of God is unlimited but only those with enough faith and comes forward to Jesus receives healing.
Today, I claim healing for my body in Jesus’ name! I claim that my blood chemistry will all be normal – cholesterol & uric acid in normal level. I claim that I will achieve my ideal weight and will be stronger. I claim that the Lord Jesus Christ will give me focus & wisdom, and I claim that He will remove all my stress. I decided to live a helthy lifestyle and I claim that the Lord will sustain it. I claim that I can have a baby soon! All these I claim in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Hebrews 9:22 (ESV)
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
1 Peter 1:18-19 (ESV)
knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
1. According to Hebrews 9:22, what is needed to have forgiveness?
2. In 1 Peter 1:18, why we need to be ransomed?
3. What was necessary to pay for our ransom in 1 Peter 1:19?
1. What does blood symbolizes? What does shedding of blood means in terms of forgiveness?
2. Why do you think that the shedding of blood is needed to have forgiveness?
3. Why do you think it takes Jesus’ blood to bring forgiveness to humanity? Is the blood of animals not enough?
1. How can I have this forgiveness that the Lord Jesus Christ offers?
2. How can I leverage the blood of Christ so that I can extend forgiveness to those who hurt me?
3. Can I forgive people who haven’t ask forgiveness yet? Why or why not?