The Parable of the Mustard Seed
30 And he said, “With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or by what parable can we present it? 31 It is like a mustard seed that when sown on the ground, although it* is the smallest of all the seeds that are on the ground, 32 but when it is sown it grows up and becomes the largest of all the garden herbs, and sends out large branches so that the birds of the sky are able to nest in its shade.” 33 And with many parables such as these he was speaking the word to them, as they were able to hear it.* 34 And he did not speak to them without a parable, but in private he explained everything to his own disciples.
SINS TO AVOID:
- Hearing the word of God but has no impact on your everyday life.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- The word of God will ultimately grow in people’s hearts according to God’s timing, and will be useful in the expansion of His kingdom.
- Waiting expectantly for God to do miracles in our lives.
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Explain biblical trurths to our spiritual children (young Christians) as Jesus exlplained each parables to His disciples.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Keep sowing the words of God in other people’s heart.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
- The Kingdom of God is like a mustard seed – very small at the beginning but when God let it grows, it becomes very big and useful to everyone around it. Like our life, it will be a light to the dark world around us.
Practice Godly principles in my daily walk in life by reading a part of the scripture and medidating on it everyday, and having an attitude of wonder towards our majestic God. Encountering the Lord is a daily task that each believer should desire.