The Parable of the Seed that Grows by Itself
26 And he said, “The kingdom of God is like this: like a man scatters seed on the ground. 27 And he sleeps and gets up, night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows—⌊he does not know how⌋. 28 By itself the soil produces a crop: first the grass, then the head of grain, then the full grain in the head. 29 But when the crop permits, he sends in the sickle right away, because the harvest has come.”
SINS TO AVOID:
- Being lazy to plant or to harvest.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- God causes the seed to grow. Even if we don’t understand how the seed grows, it’s growth is certain. God let His kingdom grows, our part is to believe and continue planting His words by sharing the gospel. Similarly, spiritual growth is certain but we need to keep planting God’s words in our hearts.
- Harvest is certain if we’ve planted something for God. Have faith and be ready for the harvest. We should understand that it was God who made everything to grow. In cases when there is no growth we need to be patient and wait expectantly from God.
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Keep planting the word of God even in times that we don’t understand or in times that it doesn’t make sense at all.
- Be observant and be prepared for harvest if we see the crops are already ready. To be able to hear from God, we need to have daily connection from God.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Believe the gospel and meditate on it daily.
- Share the gospel to others.
- Be sensitive to God’s leading of the harvest. Be ready to take the harvest.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
- Jesus compared the kingdom of God to a a man who scatters seed on the ground.