Genesis 39:2-15 NIV
 The Lord was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.  When his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord gave him success in everything he did,  Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.  From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the Lord blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the Lord was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.  So Potiphar left everything he had in Joseph’s care; with Joseph in charge, he did not concern himself with anything except the food he ate. Now Joseph was well-built and handsome,  and after a while his master’s wife took notice of Joseph and said, “Come to bed with me!”  But he refused. “With me in charge,” he told her, “my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care.  No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?”  And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.  One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside.  She caught him by his cloak and said, “Come to bed with me!” But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.  When she saw that he had left his cloak in her hand and had run out of the house,  she called her household servants. “Look,” she said to them, “this Hebrew has been brought to us to make sport of us! He came in here to sleep with me, but I screamed.  When he heard me scream for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house .” …
- Why Joseph found favor in Potiphar’s sight and entrusted all his household to Joseph (vv2-4)?
- Why did Potiphar entrusted not only his household and but also his field to Joseph (vv5-6)?
- How did Joseph responded to Potiphar’s wife seduction in vv 8-9?
- How many times did Potiphar’s wife seduced Joseph? Did Joseph gave in to temptation (v10)?
- What does it mean when the bible says that “The Lord was with Joseph?”
- Why do you think God extended His favor to Potiphar? Do you think your boss now is also blessed because of you?
- Why do you think Joseph was able to resist the temptation of Potiphar’s wife?
- How can you be a blessing to your boss/co-worker/business partner/local church? What specific action you can start now so that they will trust you more?
- How can you say “No” to temptation? Share any story how you overcome Satan’s temptation.
Joseph – one of the few bible characters who remained faithful and close to God both in trials and in success.