Mark 6:1-6 NIV … Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples.  When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. “Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing?  Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.  Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.”  He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.  He was amazed at their lack of faith. …
SINS TO AVOID:
- Sin of familiarity. Because Jesus grew up in Galilee, people in that place assumes that this Jesus was the same boy who used to play around. He was the carpenter that they knew and they can’t understand where did Jesus get His wisdom nor His miracles. In our walk in Christ, sometimes newer converts mature faster than us and might present new ideas how to serve God better. Listen carefully, and pray for wisdom to discern whether this is from God or not.
- Unbelief despite overwhelming evidence of miracles and uncunning wisdom.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- A prophet or any God’s worker will be honored at the right place. Working for God is a noble profession.
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Like Jesus, continue to minister to others despite opposition and disbelief. Focus on your calling, do it joyfully no matter what and God will bless your work.
- Follow Jesus everywhere He leads you. The disciples followed Jesus even in a place when the Lord is not so popular. Serving God is not based on popularity or convenience but rather doing God’s will by fulfilling the mission He put on your heart.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
Serving God should be based on your “calling” because although it will be fun & satisfying, sometimes it will be rough.
God called me to be a pastor and to equip people becomes effective in the ministry and have victory in their lives. Christians should be living a victorious life(spiritual, relationship, physical, financial,social) and bear fruit for the kingdom of God.