Christianity is about the resurrection of Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:45 NIV
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
Luke 24:1-12 NIV
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.  They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,  but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.  While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them.  In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead?  He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:  ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ”  Then they remembered his words.  When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others.  It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles.  But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense.  Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened. …
- Who were the women who went to the tomb in early Sunday morning (v10)? Why (v1)?
- What did the angels of the Lord told the women when they saw that the tomb was opened and that the body of Jesus Christ was not there (vv 5-7)?
- Did the apostles believe the women when were told what happened to the Lord (v11)? Why? What did Peter do differently?
- Discuss the angel’s statement “Why do you look for the living among the dead?”
- Why do you think that Jesus followers forgot His words “The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again?”
- Historical & biblical accounts agree on Jesus bodily resurrection but what does it take to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ?
- What reminder do you need so that you can remember God’s words? How can you remind someone else to trust God?
- How can you read/study the bible in the perspective that Jesus Christ is alive today (vs reading a historical account)?
- How can you encounter the living Christ? Or if have you already met the risen Christ in your life, share how?
Other Bible verses from the sermon:
Hebrews 12:2 NIV
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
1 Peter 3:18 NIV
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.