Mark 5:21-24 NIV
 When Jesus had again crossed over by boat to the other side of the lake, a large crowd gathered around him while he was by the lake.  Then one of the synagogue leaders, named Jairus, came, and when he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet.  He pleaded earnestly with him, “My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live.”  So Jesus went with him. …
Mark 5:35-43 NIV
 While Jesus was still speaking, some people came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. “Your daughter is dead,” they said. “Why bother the teacher anymore?”  Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”  He did not let anyone follow him except Peter, James and John the brother of James.  When they came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw a commotion, with people crying and wailing loudly.  He went in and said to them, “Why all this commotion and wailing? The child is not dead but asleep.”  But they laughed at him. After he put them all out, he took the child’s father and mother and the disciples who were with him, and went in where the child was.  He took her by the hand and said to her, “Talitha koum!” (which means “Little girl, I say to you, get up!”).  Immediately the girl stood up and began to walk around (she was twelve years old). At this they were completely astonished.  He gave strict orders not to let anyone know about this, and told them to give her something to eat. …
SINS TO AVOID:
- Unbelief will stop you from receiving a miracle from God.
- Insulting someone who trusts that God will do a miracle. The Lord asked everyone who laugh at Him when He said that the girl is only sleeping to leave and so they failed to witness a miracle.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- There is nothing impossible with God – we only need to believe.
- In difficult times, know that the Lord Jesus will encourage us to move forward. Notice how the Lord encouraged Jairus by telling him that his daugther was only sleeping when a messenger just told him that his daughter was dead.
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Pleading God’s intervention in behalf of our loveones – child, spouse, parents, friends… Do seek God like Jairus seek the Lord Jesus Christ for the sake of his daughter’s life.
- Humble yourself in front of God – like Jairus, who was a synagogue leader, was able to emotionally appeal to Jesus Christ. Our social status or positions no matter how important or successful we are should be humbled in front of God.
- Keep believing God’s promises no matter how the world discourages us. Jairus never lost hope when someone told him that his daughter was already dead. He even allowed the Lord to send away the people (close friends, family members, neighbors), who came to help & comfort them because of his daughter’s death.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Never stop believing.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
- Our faith put us in the position to receive or see a miracle. In this event, only Jairus, the mother, Peter, James, & John were able to witness how the Lord revive the little girl. The others who were also there were asked to leave and failed to see the miracles even they were so closed with Jesus.
I believe with all my heart – without any trace of doubt that I can receive miracles upon miracles from God, I am receiving one now and I will continue to receive favor from the Lord. I will face my problems with certainty of victory, not with fear, because I claim by faith that God would intervene and help me. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
- I declare that God will use me mightily in spreading the gospel and in encouraging my fellow believers to follow Jesus to victory.
- I declare that God would bless me with wisdom in my work, that I will be the best in my field.
- I declare for financial freedom & stability to enable me support my family and participate in missions.
- I declare that God would provide children for my wife.