Calming of a Storm
35 And on that day, when it* was evening, he said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.” 36 And leaving the crowd, they took him along, as he was, in the boat. And other boats were with him. 37 And a great storm of wind developed, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already being filled with water.* 38 And he was in the stern sleeping on the cushion, and they woke him up and said to him, “Teacher, is it not a concern to you that we are perishing?” 39 And he woke up and* rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Be quiet! Be silent!” And the wind abated and there was a great calm. 40 And he said to them, “Why are you fearful? Do you not yet have faith?” 41 And ⌊they were terribly frightened⌋ and began to say to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
SINS TO AVOID:
- Lost of faith due to current problem or situation.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- God is in control in all circumstances. No matter how you think your situation, we can trust God to provide the solution.
- God cares for us – this we can trust no matter how bad our current situation may look.
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Be still in times of trouble or testing, and believe that God is always in control. Ask what lessons can we learn in the current situation?
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Have faith in God! Be brave and don’t be afraid.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
- God is in control of all things. Jesus Christ has authority even to the wind & waves.
God loves me and cares for me in all situations. In case there are things that I don’t understand, I will not be afraid because I know that my God is fighting for me. I will pray for faith to keep on fighting, and for courage to accept things that I can’t change , and the wisdom to know the difference. If God is with me, who can be against me?