The Parable of the Lamp
21 And he said to them, “Surely a lamp is not brought so that it may be put under a bushel basket or under a bed, is it? Is it not so that it may be put on a lampstand? 22 For nothing is secret except so that it may be revealed, nor has become hidden except so that it will come to light. 23 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!” 24 And he said to them, “Take care what you hear! With the measure by which you measure out, it will be measured out to you, and will be added to you. 25 For whoever has, more will be given to him, and whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.”
SINS TO AVOID:
- Hardened heart – if God is talking to you, listen and obey.
- Gossipping and listening to useless arguments. Watching things full of worldly ideas and lust.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- The mystery of the Kingdom of God is granted to everyone like a lamp on the lamp stand, giving light to those who are willing to see.
- Whoever has more, more will be given and whoever has nothing, whatever little he had will be taken from him. In God’s economy, the faithful will receive more. Desires things that God approves, ask God, and wait expectantly for God’s provisions. Take active part in the advancement of the Kingdom of God now! Be forceful!
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Be careful what you are hearing! What you hear feeds your mind, it will neither nourish it or poison it. In the same way, be careful what you watch in TV, movies, and the internet.
- How do you treat others, the same standard will be used back by others in treating you. The world is round and what you did to others will be done back to you one way or the other.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Be actively involve in the spreading the gospel lovingly. The more you take part, the more will be given to you. But if God can’t trust you with small things, how can He trust you with bigger things.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS: