The Parable of the Sower
4 And again he began to teach beside the sea, and a very large crowd was gathered to him, so that he got into a boat and* sat on the sea, and the whole crowd was at the sea on the land. 2 And he began to teach them many things in parables, and was saying to them in his teaching, 3 “Listen! Behold, the sower went out to sow. 4 And it happened that while he was sowing, ⌊some seed⌋ fell on the side of the path, and the birds came and devoured it. 5 And other seed fell on the rocky ground where it did not have much soil, and it sprang up at once, because it did not have any depth of soil. 6 And when the sun rose it was scorched, and because it did not have enough root, it withered. 7 And other seed fell among the thorn plants, and the thorn plants came up and choked it, and it did not produce grain. 8 And other seed fell on the good soil, and produced grain, coming up and increasing, and it bore a crop*—one thirty and one sixty and one a hundred times as much. 9 And he said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear!”
The Parable of the Sower Interpreted
13 And he said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? And how will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones beside the path where the word is sown, and whenever they hear it,* immediately Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16 And these are like the ones sown on the rocky ground, who whenever they hear the word immediately receive it with joy. 17 And they have no root in themselves, but are temporary. Then when* affliction or persecution comes because of the word, immediately they fall away. 18 And others are the ones sown among the thorn plants—these are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and* choke the word and it becomes unproductive. 20 And those are the ones sown on the good soil, who hear the word and receive it* and bear fruit—one thirty and one sixty and one a hundred times as much.”
SINS TO AVOID:
- Faith that lacks trust would result to falling away in times of testing.
- Wrong life priorities in life would result to unproductive Christian life – we missed the joy of serving God and taking part of the advancement of His kingdom.
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- Having the right heart & faith, the word of God would bring fruits – some are thirty, some are sixty, and some one hundred times as much.
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW:
- Sow the word of God in peoples heart. Take active part in the ministry of evangelism.
- The right heart & faith would eventually result to spiritual fruit and what’s better rewards than bringing people to faith in Jesus.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Sow the word.
- Bear fruits.
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS:
- Hardened hearts hears but don’t understand, looks but don’t see.