The Selection of the Twelve Apostles
13 And he went up on the mountain and summoned those whom he wanted, and they came to him. 14 And he appointed twelve, so that they would be with him and so that he could send them out to preach 15 and to have authority to expel demons. 16 And he appointed the twelve. And to Simon he gave the name Peter, 17 and James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James (and he gave to them the name Boanerges, that is, “Sons of Thunder”), 18 and Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot, 19 and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
SINS TO AVOID:
PROMISES TO CLAIM :
- If God called you to do something for Him, all the needed resources will be provided – physical needs, spiritual needs, financial needs, relationship needs, courage, strength, power, wisdom, etc.
EXAMPLES TO FOLLOW;
- Take time to halt from your busy life and listen for God’s still voice in the midst of your chaotic life.
- Be ready to follow God when He commissioned you to do something for Him.
COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY :
- Jesus personally called the apostles to
- spend time with Jesus in a close relationship,
- go out and preach to unbelievers, and
- have the power to expel demons.
Did Jesus commissioned you to do what you are doing now? Or are you doing it out of your own desire?
SOME OTHER TEACHINGS: