Plucking Grain on the Sabbath
23 And it happened that he was going through the grain fields on the Sabbath, and his disciples began to make their way while* plucking off the heads of grain. 24 And the Pharisees began to say to him, “Behold, why are they doing what is not permitted on the Sabbath?” 25 And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he had need and he and those who were with him were hungry—26 how he entered into the house of God in the time of Abiathar the high priest and ate the bread of the presentation, which it is not permitted to eat (except the priests) and also gave it* to those who were with him?” 27 And he said to them, “The Sabbath was established for people, and not people for the Sabbath. 28 So then, the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.”
SINS TO AVOID:
- Avoid judging others actions – we are called to love and not to jugdge.
- Avoid making the sabbath above God. Sabbath rest is supposedly to help man and must not be a burden.
PROMISE TO CLAIM:
- Observing Sabbath help us to focus on God. Our main concern is to rest and to connect with God.
EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW:
- Be careful not be too much legalistic. Follow David & Jesus Christ who applied the scriptures truth to give glory to God. Key is having a relationship with God above all else.
COMMANDMENT TO OBEY:
- Observe proper rest on Sabbath day for the bible commandment that “6 days you shall labor and 1 day you shall rest.”
SOME OTHER TEACHING:
- Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath.