Hebrews 9:22 (ESV)
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
1 Peter 1:18-19 (ESV)
knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
1. According to Hebrews 9:22, what is needed to have forgiveness?
2. In 1 Peter 1:18, why we need to be ransomed?
3. What was necessary to pay for our ransom in 1 Peter 1:19?
1. What does blood symbolizes? What does shedding of blood means in terms of forgiveness?
2. Why do you think that the shedding of blood is needed to have forgiveness?
3. Why do you think it takes Jesus’ blood to bring forgiveness to humanity? Is the blood of animals not enough?
1. How can I have this forgiveness that the Lord Jesus Christ offers?
2. How can I leverage the blood of Christ so that I can extend forgiveness to those who hurt me?
3. Can I forgive people who haven’t ask forgiveness yet? Why or why not?