The Four Voices by Bro Joseph
1st voice – the voice from heaven
from Jesus — go and make disciples
voice – teaching them to obey
Matthew 3:1. And a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased
“Jesus must increase , I my decrease.”
Where are the lost in Guangzhou?
2nd Voice within you. Luke 15:17-20 – “… and he arose, and came to his father.”
3rd Voice – voice from out there
And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. There stood a man of Macedonia, and begged him, saying, come over into Macedonia, and help us.
4th Voice – The voice from below
Luke 14:24-28 – the rich man begged Abraham for Lazarus to dip his finger on water and let it drop to cool his tongue.
5 Those who sow with tears
shall reap with rejoicing.
6 He who diligently goes out with weeping,
carrying the seed bag,
shall certainly come in with rejoicing,
carrying his sheaves.
This DUA bible study guide focused on the inner voice (the 2nd voice).
Passage: Luke 15:17-20
Luke 15:17-20English Standard Version (ESV)
17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’ 20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
- What is the man’s situation in verse 17? Why did he thought about his father’s hired servants?
- How did the man showed his humility in verse 18 & 19?
- How did the father treated his son in verse 20?
- How did the man realize to go back to his home in the midst of poverty? Did anyone tell him?
- How does the man’s humility helped him? The father ran to his son even before the son can speak (verse 20) – so do you think the father’s reaction would change if the man is not humble? Why or why not?
- Who do you think owns this inner voice that the man heard?
- If we are confused or hopeless, how can we listen to the inner voice? How can we hear it?
- What hinders you from doing what the inner voice tells you? How can you overcome this?
- How can we stay humble if we are really good about one thing or how can we show our humility if we won in a contest?